Get your DS-2019 form in only 4 - 6 weeks - easy, fast and cheap!
You have arranged an internship in the USA by yourself? Now you like to apply for the J1 visa to enter the US and the only thing you need is the necessary DS-2019 form?
Here you are at the right place!
(Or change to our detailed DS-2019 info site at www.ds2019form.de)
To apply for the J1-Visa for the USA the DS-2019 form is required which can be issued only by a few authorised organisations in the US.
InterSwop offers the service to issue this DS-2019 form and the support to apply for the visa.
Circle of persons: The visa support service points to persons who already organised themselves an internship place, apprenticeship place or training place in the U.S.A. and now like to apply for the J1-Visa. A written acceptance confirmation from the host company, training or study post is required with informations about the company, content and duration of the training.
Your nationality does not matter! Our service is open to any nationalities all around the world!
Professional, study and apprenticeship fields, which CAN apply for a DS-2019 form:
- Information Media and Communications
- Management, Business, Commerce, Finance (including Hospitality and Hotel Management)
- The Sciences, Engineering, Architecture, Mathematics, and Industrial Occupations
- Agriculture, forestry and fishing, caring for or treating animals
- Public Administration and Law
- Arts & Culture
- Students currently enrolled in a certificate granting post secondary education program (e.g. university / polytechnic etc) for at least one semester (Interns)
- Graduates from a certificate granting post secondary education institution beginning their internship within 12 month after graduation (Interns)
- Graduates from a certificate granting post secondary education institution with at least one year of professional experience outside the USA (Trainees)
Restrictions: The following fields CANNOT apply for a DS-2019 form through Interswop:
- Aupairs, domestic work, babysitting or housekeeping etc.
- Medical interns or anything involving hands-on therapy, counseling, adminstrating medical treatment or making diagnoses of medical, psychiatric or psychologic patients
- Crew members on ships or airplanes, pilots
- Education, social sciences, library science, counseling and social services
- High school leaver for pre-study internships which are not yet enrolled in an university and studying since at least one semester
- Persons who like to do an thesis or PhD within a company
- Persons who already done an internship in the US and entered with a J1 visa previously
Downloading the DS-2019 information: free of charge
Processing fee of the DS-2019 application: Euro 60,-
Issuing the DS-2019 form:
US$ 700 for internships/trainings from 1 to 3 month of duration
US$ 750 for internships/trainings from 4 to 6 month of duration
US$ 950 for internships/trainings from 7 to 12 month of duration
US$ 1.150 for internships/trainings over 12 months of duration
Notice: These ar only the fees for issuing the DS-2019 form which is absolutely necessary for the J1 visa application. Later on you also have to pay the SEVIS fee of US$ 180 to the State Department and the J1 visa fee of US$ 140 to the American Embassy.
Please do not misunderstand the issue of the DS-2019 form with the issue of the J1 visa! One is required by the other but both are two different processes of different authorities/organisations.
How to proceed?
- Read the DS-2019 information here
- Pay the processing fee of Euro 60,- (online) by credit card via PayPal
- Apply online for the DS-2019 form here
*If you do not have any possibilities to pay the processing fee by PayPal you can also wire the fee to our bank account or tranfer the fee by Western Union or send the fee in cash. Please fill in the online application first and tell us at the end how you prefer to pay the processing fee.
As soon as InterSwop will receive the DS-2019 order form and the processing fee of Euro 60,- by PayPal (or equivalent in other currency), your DS-2019 application will be forwarded to the USA on the same day.
You will be informed within the next 48-72 hours by email from the USA about the next steps to issue the DS-2019 form, also how and when you have to pay the USD 700 or USD 750 or 950 or 1.150 issuing fee, depending on the length of your internship/training.
The DS-2019 form will be issued in the USA. This lasts about 30-45 days depending on the postal mail duration and how soon you or your host company in the US could provide all necessary data.
Generally you need to provide a CV in English, one reference letter in English, information about the insurance during your stay in the US. And your host company needs to provide a training plan (DS-7002). You and your host company will receive detail information about these items by email.
You will receive your DS-2019 form via UPS, FedEx or other postal service.
Once you received the DS-2019 form you can apply for the J1 visa at the nearest US consulate/embassy. You have to go personally to the US Embassy and you have to get an appointment beforehand. The next available appointment could be in several weeks ahead. You should apply for a personal appointment at the US consulate/embassy by time! The visa issue will last about approx. another 2 weeks.
You should initiate the whole DS-2019 and J1-visa procedure by time. The best would be with a lead time of about 3 month before planned departure to the USA. Unfortunately many applicants are applying very late and also booked a flight to the US without having ensured to obtain the J1-visa by time.
Any questions left? Please feel free to ask us!
Phone 0049-40-410 80 28
More information also under http://www.ds2019form.de